Digital Harbor Foundation is proud to be among the sponsors of Edcamp Baltimore being held November 10, 2012 at Digital Harbor High School.
Edcamp Baltimore is an unconference. Part of a global trend promoting organic, participant-driven professional development for K-12 educators.
And it’s more than just a conference — it’s a movement. On Nov 10th alone, four independently organized edcamps — ranging from Minneapolis to Ottawa — are taking place.
The mission of an Edcamp (from http://edcampfoundation.org/vision/) is to be:
- non-commercial and conducted with a vendor-free presence
- hosted by an organization interested in furthering the edcamp mission
- made up of sessions determined on the day of the event
- events where anyone who attends can be a presenter
- reliant on the “law of two feet” that encourages participants to find a session that meets their needs
We look forward to seeing all of the teachers and learners at Digital Harbor on the 10th. You have a great day of learning in store!